Entertainment Articles Shift Writer: Movies & TV Features
This is a paid freelance remote position that is meant to be commensurate with full-time hours.
Screen Rant is the #1 entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, and comic books. Our editorial team is looking for writers with 1–2 years of experience to contribute Movie/TV Feature articles under the leadership of the Core Features Lead Editor. Screen Rant operates at a rapid pace and is seeking writers who can produce high-quality articles under time constraints. The selected candidate will have tremendous career growth and internal development opportunities within the organization.
Note that this role does not involve video production, video editing, screenwriting, or writing reviews. Please visit screenrant.com and review your familiarity with our range of topics before applying. In your cover letter, make sure to tell us how your knowledge of the specific vertical you’re applying for will complement Screen Rant’s coverage. We would love to welcome you to our community of cinephiles, gamers, and geeks!
- Write 25 articles per week in Screen Rant's house style (following the initial training and peer mentorship period). This will include fact-checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Update and refresh older content as needed
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- At least 1–2 years of writing experience, preferably with a digital entertainment outlet
- This does NOT include personal blogs, college essays/dissertations, and other non-published work.
- Broad working knowledge of movies and television, especially major franchises and series
- The ability to analyze content and pull directly from the source material to back up claims
- A sharp eye for grammatical details
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write high-quality articles with swift turn-around times
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Understanding of the difference between "Features," "Lists," and "News" articles
- Familiarity with platforms such as Asana, WordPress, and Discord
- Image editing experience
- SEO and Google Analytics knowledge
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Fully remote — write from wherever you’d like!
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your knowledge of and passion for movies and television in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included.
Please note that the next step involves a written evaluation. Screen Rant has a zero-tolerance policy for using artificial intelligence (AI) to produce content for the site.
We look forward to hearing from you!