Writer - Space Exploration Content
This is a paid freelance, remote position - that means you can work from anywhere, on your own schedule.
- Write a minimum of 5-10 articles per week in Screen Rant's house style (following the requisite training and peer mentorship period)
- This will include fact checking, formatting, linking, and image sourcing/very basic editing (sizing, brightness, etc.)
- Pitch story ideas when none are readily available
- Accept and apply any/all feedback received by the editorial team
- Communicate openly and actively with the editorial team
- A passion for the content and a drive to grow within the industry
- Deep knowledge of all things Space, including Space exploration, and Space technology
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
- Comfortable working in an entirely virtual environment
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favourable consideration:
- Understanding of the difference between news and features
- Relevant experience in writing and/or editing roles (digital publications, technology content)
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
What we have to offer:
- Open schedule - write as much as you like, whenever you like, from wherever you like!
- Future bonusing opportunities for high contributors of quality articles
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
- An amazing community of like-minded people to nerd-out with on a daily basis
NOTE: Only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of trending Space content and how it will compliment Screen Rant's existing coverage in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next step in the hiring process involves a writing evaluation.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!