Editor: Tech Content
Note: This is a freelance, remote position. We are open to both full-time and part-time applicants.
Screen Rant is the #1 independent entertainment website on the web and publishes up-to-the-minute news on blockbuster movies, TV, video games, comic books, and tech. Our editorial team is looking for an experienced editor to oversee Tech content on a rapidly expanding team of skilled writers and editors. The selected candidate will have tremendous career growth opportunity within the organization. Please note that this is not a video editing role.
- Edit and publish a minimum of 10 tech articles daily on the Tech team
- Combination of editing/writing (mostly editing)
- Participate in writer development and general writer management
- Oversee and facilitate writer communication in Slack/Asana
- Send feedback to writers according to Screen Rant's standards (as per our writing guides)
- Work with new writers to develop their skills and help them adapt to Screen Rant's standards
- Work with existing writers to develop those suitable for internal development (staff writing, self-publishing, editing)
- Idea generation
- Develop content plans
- Target evergreen topics
- Weekly meetings
- Come prepared with notes and analyses
- Additional tasks
- Approve sniping SEO/angles
- Identify evergreen articles to update
- Relevant experience in senior writing and editing roles (digital publications, tech content)
- Expert level knowledge of a variety of tech verticals (computing, phones, smarthomes, etc.)
- Quick learner with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write articles free of typos and grammatical errors
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be given favorable consideration:
- Image editing
- Analytics (GA)
- Freelance writer management
- Proven track record of growing a team, expanding coverage, and driving traffic
What Screen Rant has to offer:
- Perks atypical of a freelance role (guaranteed hours and income, health care stipend, bonusing opportunities, paid time off)
- Incredible opportunities for career growth within a supportive system
Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular tech content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. If you would like to write about Reality TV but do not have the required experience for this particular role, kindly visit our Tech Journalist job posting and apply there instead. Please note that the next steps in the hiring process involve both a writing evaluation and an interview.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!