-- Senior Features Editor
Screen Rant's editorial team is looking for a highly experienced Movie & TV Features Senior Editor to help oversee a rapidly expanding team of skilled writers and editors.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to take on a leadership role working alongside the Features Lead and senior editors and help continue the growth of this self-sustaining initiative. They will also have a proven track record in high-paced content creation, and team management. We will be relying on the selected candidate to apply their expertise in driving traffic, expanding coverage, improving article quality, and helping to manage a team of editors and writers.
- Participate In Team Leadership & People Management
- Liaise with the Features Lead regarding team progress, challenges, and development needs
- Attend weekly Senior Editor meetings
- Work directly with a team of Junior Editors to maintain output targets and sustain content quality
- Section Growth And Development
- Continuously audit the Features section (and the specific beats the successful candidate will oversee) to follow up on successes, identify writers to develop, and identify changes to strategy
- Help offer feedback to Junior Editors, Senior Writers and freelancers to encourage development within the section
- Content Planning
- Maintain output expectations and growth targets alongside the Features Lead
- Hands-on content planning including generating ideas across multiple Movie & TV topics and offering feedback to editors on ideation
- Use Google Analytics and other available data sources to identify content opportunities and strategies, including robustly scrutinizing our ongoing approach
- Source stories and angles for the writers/editors
- Respond to pitches from writers and offer feedback
- Propose new content approaches and article types to foster variation in coverage
- Output & Content Management
- Ensure direct reports are maintaining output targets and quality expectations; hold team accountable for missed opportunities
- Participate in new writer development and create development tracks for all team members
- Provide feedback and ensure editors and adhering to SR's publication standards, and are contributing/editing the necessary amounts
- Assist other Core Features editors in editing priority content when needed, adhering to SR's publication standards
- Relevant, experience in senior editing roles (deputy editor, lead editor, section lead) of a digital publication specializing in Movie/TV content or proven track record on a significant section of a site
- Expert level knowledge of Movie/TV in general, especially in major movie franchises, ongoing TV shows, and popular streaming content
- Image editing experience is a bonus
- SEO skills a must
- Experience using and interpreting Analytics (including Google Analytics) is a requirement
- Excellent people management skills: ideally previous experience working with freelance writer and junior editor management
- Proven track record of commissioning, planning and ideating coverage, and driving traffic
Only applicants who possess the necessary skills and experience will be contacted, and only applications containing a resume and cover letter will be considered. It is essential that you demonstrate your breadth of knowledge of popular Movie/TV content in your cover letter. You will not be considered for the role if this information is not included. Please note that the next steps in the hiring process involve both a writing evaluation and an interview.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!